I bought a great book named, “Style and Simplicity.” The author has taken the alphabet and for every letter he pictures something he loves, has used in his home, or sells in his shop in Seattle. Style and Simplicity is by Ted Kennedy Watson.
It is his recipe for Lemon Orzo With Feta that I want to share with you today. There will be lots of holiday cooking coming and this is easy, tasty, and a good side dish with most any meat or fish.
Lemon Orzo With Feta
1. Combine the zest of 2 lemons with 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 cup olive oil.
2.Add a generous amount of salt and pepper.
3. Whisk everything together and set aside.
4. Boil a large pot of salted water.
5. Add 16 ounces of orzo pasta and cook until it is al dente.
6. Once the pasta is done, drain and immediately place into a large bowl.
7. While the pasta is still hot, add the lemon and olive oil vinaigrette. With a fork, fluff until all of the liquid is incorporated into the pasta.
8. Let the pasta sit to cool so that it absorbs all of that lemony goodness. Finally, add some big chunks of feta and enjoy!
You are welcome!
Create and be happy!